Apr 22, 2010

Palácio Belmonte, Lisboa





(The red gate at the entrance of the hotel...)
This is one of my most favorite places I stayed..."Palacio Belmonte, Lisboa"
Fado music...delicious simple food...beautiful smiles...
It was peaceful, friendly and very cozy....with very great service...
I stayed in the room with my own private winter garden and rooftop deck, viewing St. George’s Castle....

The owner of the hotel herself worked at the hotel at night shift...She was so kind and nice....It was an amazing experience...

Built on the moorish wall of St. George’s Castle, across the street from its entrance Arch, Palácio Belmonte is located at the top of Encosta do Castelo, in the historic district of Lisbon, only 5 minutes away from today’s city centre, downtown in Rossio, and 20 minutes away from the airport.


The dining room



My hotel room....how lovely is that all the little detail matters...sentimental...


My Winter Garden....I had breakfast privately served every morning....


This was me doing some sketches for the hotel ;)


This is my sketch of the street in front of the hotel...very quiet and beautiful...


The hotel lobby itself I drew...




A little quiet corner on the second floor of the hotel...




My room key...old style...




Another corner next to the library, where you can borrow fado music CD to listen in your room...




In my room, there is a little door and stair steps leading me toward my private rooftop deck...



The street nearby...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...